The Point Rental ProcessHints to Rent your Points QuicklyAdding the Disney Dining Plan and Magical ExpressFAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Sign Up for Open Listings Email Alerts
You’ve partnered with The DVC Rental Store to assist you in renting your Disney Vacation Club Points, so your next question is “Now what?”
First, let me thank you for placing your trust in us to handle your point rental for you. Our goal is to rent your points in a professional manner and to do so as quickly as possible.
Home Resort Status and Premium Payouts
$15.00/Point – Premium Resort Home Resort Status
In order to facilitate 7-11 month bookings and reward you, the member for assisting us, we pay $15.00/point to you for 7-11 month bookings at the resorts listed below. You will need to have Home Resort status at these resorts to take advantage of the Premium Resort booking.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas
- Disney’s Aulani Resort and Spa at Ko Olina, Hawaii
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s Boardwalk Villas
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows
Up to $13.50/Point – Standard Resort Home Resort Status
You, the member, may elect to receive up to $13.50/point if your points have Home Resort Status at the following resorts.
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
The process to rent your DVC points is simple.
- We will set up your member file once you have signed on with our service. Setting up your member file sets you up in our system and allows you to begin receiving and responding to reservation requests that our Guests have made.
- Be sure to sign up for Guest Requests email alerts. You’ll receive an alert in your inbox each time we post a new request that may match your points.
- We receive electronic requests from Guests which include all of the details of their requested stay including room type, resorts, dates, names, addresses etc. We contact Member Services to check availability and work with the Guest to find alternate accommodations if the first choices are not available.
- We require the Guest to place a security deposit with us once they have decided to reserve a stay. The deposit is not refundable to the Guest if a reservation number is returned. This ensures that the Guest is committed to the reservation from the outset and lessens the possibility that they will back out prior to making their full deposit.
- We post or “park” all open reservations to our Open Listings webpage upon receipt of the Guest’s security deposit. The listings shown on this page are stays that you may reserve using your points. Simply send an email to the address listed on the page if you see an open reservation that appeals to you, and you would like to reserve it for our Guest. Most of our reservations are claimed from this page so be sure to bookmark the page and check it often.
- After a reservation has been posted to the Open Listings webpage for a time, we will contact all qualifying members at once, via an Offer Email, to see if they are available to reserve the stay. The first member to respond to the email offer will be sent the reservation details in order to reserve the stay. Availability at DVC resorts is extremely time sensitive so making the reservation quickly is of utmost importance.
- We send to you the Guest’s information and instructions to reserve their stay if you are the first to respond to any of the reservations posted on the Open Listings webpage or one of our email offerings. We require that you reserve the stay within 1 hour unless you have made other arrangements with our Member Management Team. You will reserve the Guest’s stay either online or via phone with DVC Member Services You will then forward the reservation number and the confirmation email from Disney which we will forward to the Guest.
- The Guest makes their deposit. Once the Guest has viewed their reservation on Disney’s website they will forward to us an amount equal to 50% of the total cost of the reservation (plus our fees) with the balance of the funds being due 45 days prior to arrival date. We then draw up the rental agreement and send a copy to you and the Guest. A sample is located here. Should the guest cancel or fail to make their final payment, we would attempt to find a guest to take over the reservation and would ask you to change the guest information on the reservation. We would then send you a courtesy payment of $50.00 to thank you for making the change. Your final payment, which is due on the day of the guest’s check-in is guaranteed.
- We send your rental agreement and your initial payment. Upon receipt of the Guest’s deposit, 75% of the funds due to you are immediately paid out to you via company check, ACH Bank Transfer or PayPal. We are able to remit to you via PayPal with no receiving fees deducted (PayPal deducts a 2% receiving fee from payments made to our International members. If you are an International Renting Member, the payment which you will receive will reflect this 2% receiving fee). In a few instances, the renter’s PayPal payment may be made by e-check. In these rare cases, it may take 3 to 4 business days for the e-check to clear, at which time you will receive your funds.
- You review the rental agreement and return an e-signature acknowledging the conditions to us via email.
- The balance of funds owed to you is paid on the day of Guest check-in (Final payment for Saturday and Sunday check-ins are processed on the next business day after the Guest’s check-in). Reservations are NON-REFUNDABLE so you receive your funds regardless of whether the Guest checks in or not. We hold back 25% to ensure that our Guests have a room on arrival. You are committed to keeping your dues and mortgages current so as not to harm any reservations. You will receive the agreed upon amount set forth in your Intermediary Agreement. However, if you have opted to reduce the price paid to you for points that are about to expire and have them marketed through our “On-Call Specials” newsletter you will receive that agreed upon amount.
Hints to rent your points as quickly as possible.
- Provide all of your email addresses. The first to respond to an email offer will receive the reservation. Be sure to provide us with all email addresses where you would like to receive offers in order to increase your chances of being the first to respond.
- Add our email addresses to your contact list. This will ensure that our email offers are not sent to your spam folder. Our Member Manager can provide you with all of the emails addresses you will need.
- Check our Open Listings page. We post all offers on our Open Listings page. You may be able to pick up a stay to reserve between email offers if you bookmark and check the page frequently. Please be aware that the listings shown on this page are reservations that you can make using your points so respond if you see a reservation that appeals to you.
- Sign up for Guest Requests email alerts. You’ll receive an alert in your inbox each time we post a new request that may match your points.
Adding Dining Plans for a Guest:
Disney will only allow the renting DVC member to contact them to make any adjustments to a reservation. Disney does not allow the Guest or the DVC Rental Store to contact them. Because of this, you will need to contact DVC Member Services to add your Guest’s Disney Dining Plan if they decide to add one to their reservation.
We will receive the funds to add the Disney Dining plan from the Guest and will have you add it to the Guest’s reservation using Disney gift cards. We will forward the gift card information to you via email. Because most of our Guests are eager to begin making Advance Dining Reservations we ask that you contact DVC Member Services and have the guest’s dining plan added as quickly as possible.
We thank you for this opportunity to work with you. We realize and will honor the trust you have placed in us. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns throughout the rental process.